What is the CCSE test?
The test of constitutional and sociocultural knowledge of Spain (CCSE test) is a test developed by Instituto Cervantes that evaluates, through different tasks, the knowledge of the Spanish Constitution and the Spanish social and cultural reality. It is one of the requirements established in the laws for obtaining the Spanish Nationality for residents in Spain.
Through the agreement signed with Instituto Cervantes, FEDELE is a collaborating institution for the realization of the constitutional and sociocultural knowledge of Spain test (CCSE test) and has 89 Examination Centers in several Spanish cities.
¡Vuelven las pruebas CCSE con un nuevo sistema de citas!
Este sistema permite pasar de un único día con dos convocatorias de examen a muchas, donde los candidatos pueden hacer la prueba bajo cita previa: disminuyendo el aforo y aumentando la seguridad.
Exam sessions and dates 2021
Opening of the registration period for 2021: September 7, 2020
The constitutional and sociocultural knowledge test of Spain CCSE is carried out in double summons on the last Thursday of each month, at 6:00 p.m., and at 8:00 p.m. (local time of the examination center).
Exam sessions and dates 2020
Instituto Cervantes aware of the health alert situation caused by the spread of the coronavirus COVID-2019 and in absolute collaboration with the authorities of Spain and the rest of the world, has decided, in order to protect the health of all, to take the following exceptional measures regarding CCSE exams.
The CCSE calls for March and April are canceled in all countries and so are the two calls for May (May 14 and 28). The June calls (June 11 and 25) are canceled at the FEDELE examination centers.
The objective of Instituto Cervantes is to offer all candidates options so that they can carry out their exams when the situation caused by the pandemic is normalized, and to do so:
- More exam dates are opened to offer the maximum number of places available when the situation is normalized. From July until November 2020, there will be CCSE exams on the second and last Thursday of each month.
- The Instituto Cervantes will notify the candidates by email and the means at their disposal of the reorganization of their exam dates.
- The candidate may make changes to the date of the call and / or of the examination center, while the registration period is still open for the call in which he registered and that the call in which he wishes to register has his own registration period open in the time to request such modification and have free places.
- The candidates affected by these changes will have the right to a refund of the amount of their registration, which they must request by the same means by which they registered.
For any questions, candidates can contact their examination center, or the Instituto Cervantes itself through https://cau.cervantes.es/
The registration period for 2020 is opened since September 9, 2019.
Start of the 2020 registration period in all countries for all extraordinary calls: March 20, 2020
The test of constitutional and sociocultural knowledge of Spain CCSE is carried out in a double session the last Thursday of each month, at 6:00 p.m. and at 8:00 p.m. (local time of the examination center).
- It is essential to comply with each and every one of the following instructions to access the examination room and take the CCSE test for which the candidates have registered.
- Place: Candidates enrolled in the CCSE test must be present at the CCSE exam center where they have registered, and which appears on the registration slip.
- Day and time: Candidates enrolled in the CCSE test must be present at the examination center on the day they have registered and at the time they choose (minimum at 5:30 p.m. or at 7:30 p.m., depending on the registration), according to the local time zone of the examining center.
- Before the beginning of the test (6:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.), candidates must be identified and receive instructions on how to administer the test by the administrative staff.
- Documentation that candidates must bring with them:
- Registration slip they have received by email.
- Original valid passport.
The registration period for 2020 is opened since September 9, 2020.
The constitutional and sociocultural knowledge test of Spain CCSE is carried out in double summons on the last Thursday of each month, at 6:00 p.m. and at 8:00 p.m. (local time of the examination center).
Change of exam date and / or examination center
- The candidate could change the examination date and / or examination center, as long as the registration period remains open for the session in which he was registered and that the session in which he wishes to register has its registration period opened and has free vacancy.
- The change request is available for the CCSE tests through the INSCRIPTIONS section of the user menu.
How to register?
- Las inscripciones, y su correspondiente pago, se deben realizar en línea, tras haberse registrado, dentro del espacio privado del usuario de www.cervantes.es.
- Puede abonar su inscripción en la prueba CCSE con cualquiera de los sistemas de pago habituales: tanto con tarjetas de crédito y débito, a través del sistema TPV Virtual de Santander Elavon Merchant Services, como mediante Paypal, que también le permitirá hacer efectivo el precio con todo tipo de tarjetas de crédito sin necesidad de registrarse.
- La inscripción en la prueba de conocimientos constitucionales y socioculturales de España (CCSE) por parte del candidato implica su aceptación expresa de los términos y condiciones de compra establecidos por el Instituto Cervantes y su compromiso para aportar la documentación identificativa y acreditativa que se le exija durante el proceso de obtención de la nacionalidad española.