What is the CCSE test?
The test of constitutional and sociocultural knowledge of Spain (CCSE test) is a test developed by Instituto Cervantes that evaluates, through different tasks, the knowledge of the Spanish Constitution and the Spanish social and cultural reality. It is one of the requirements established in the laws for obtaining the Spanish Nationality for residents in Spain.
Through the agreement signed with Instituto Cervantes, FEDELE is a collaborating institution for the realization of the constitutional and sociocultural knowledge of Spain test (CCSE test) and has 89 Examination Centers in several Spanish cities.
2020 CCSE Exam Dates
Instituto Cervantes aware of the health alert situation caused by the spread of the coronavirus COVID-2019 and in absolute collaboration with the authorities of Spain and the rest of the world, has decided, in order to protect the health of all, to take the following exceptional measures regarding CCSE exams.
The CCSE calls for March and April are canceled in all countries. All those enrolled in these two calls will move to the call of May and June of this same year respectively.
The objective of Instituto Cervantes is to offer all candidates options so that they can carry out their exams when the situation caused by the pandemic is normalized, and to do so:
- More exam dates are opened to offer the maximum number of places available when the situation is normalized. From May until November 2020, there will be CCSE exams on the second and last Thursday of each month.
- The Instituto Cervantes will automatically enroll the candidates enrolled in the canceled calls on alternative exam dates, in order to save them from repeating the cancellation and re-registration procedures.
- Based on these automatic modifications, each candidate will be able, if they wish, to change their registration for other subsequent calls for 2020 through their personal space on the Instituto Cervantes Exams portal.
- The Instituto Cervantes will notify the candidates by email and the means at their disposal of the reorganization of their exam dates.
- The candidates affected by these changes will have the right to a refund of the amount of their registration, which they must request by the same means by which they registered.
For any questions, candidates can contact their examination center, or the Instituto Cervantes itself through https://cau.cervantes.es/
The registration period for 2020 is opened since September 9, 2019.
The test of constitutional and sociocultural knowledge of Spain CCSE is carried out in a double session the last Thursday of each month, at 6:00 p.m. and at 8:00 p.m. (local time of the examination center).
- It is essential to comply with each and every one of the following instructions to access the examination room and take the CCSE test for which the candidates have registered.
- Place: Candidates enrolled in the CCSE test must be present at the CCSE exam center where they have registered, and which appears on the registration slip.
- Day and time: Candidates enrolled in the CCSE test must be present at the examination center on the day they have registered and at the time they choose (minimum at 5:30 p.m. or at 7:30 p.m., depending on the registration), according to the local time zone of the examining center.
- Before the beginning of the test (6:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.), candidates must be identified and receive instructions on how to administer the test by the administrative staff.
- Documentation that candidates must bring with them:
- Registration slip they have received by email.
- Original valid passport.
Exam sessions and dates 2020
The registration period for 2020 is opened since September 9, 2020.
The constitutional and sociocultural knowledge test of Spain CCSE is carried out in double summons on the last Thursday of each month, at 6:00 p.m. and at 8:00 p.m. (local time of the examination center).
Change of exam date and / or examination center
- The candidate could change the examination date and / or examination center, as long as the registration period remains open for the session in which he was registered and that the session in which he wishes to register has its registration period opened and has free vacancy.
- The change request is available for the CCSE tests through the INSCRIPTIONS section of the user menu.
How to register?
- The inscriptions, and their corresponding payment, must be made online, after having registered, within the private user space: examenes.cervantes.es.
- You can pay your registration fee with any of the usual payment systems: both with credit and debit cards, through the Virtual TPV system of Santander Elavon Merchant Services, and through Paypal.
- The inscription by the candidate in the CCSE test, implies their acceptance of the terms and conditions of purchase established by the Instituto Cervantes and their commitment to provide the identification and accreditation documentation required during the process of obtaining the Spanish nationality