What is FEDELE?
FEDELE Spanish in Spain is the Spanish Federation of Associations of Spanish Schools for Foreigners, composed of seven associations, which in its totality include a hundred schools of Spanish as a foreign language.
For the last 20 years, FEDELE’s main objective has been to promote quality and professional status for companies in the Spanish language teaching sector in Spain with a common goal: to offer a quality linguistic and cultural immersion experience to students from all over the world.
FEDELE and its students
The Spanish language centers offer courses for all ages, ﬂexibles, and customized to the interests and needs of students throughout the year of different types:
- Spanish intensive course, between 15 and 30 hours per week
- Semi-intensive Spanish course, between 5 and 15 hours per week
- Intensive long-term course, with less than 5 hours per week
- Spanish lessons combined with culture, conversation, sports, flamenco and much more
- Spanish lessons with professional purposes (business, tourism, legal..)
- Preparation courses for the Diplomas de Español (DELE) exams
- Courses for groups and one-to-one lessons
- Training for teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language
FEDELE and its associations
The Spanish Federation of Associations of Schools of Spanish for Foreigners is composed of six associations, which in turn includes a hundred Spanish Schools as a Foreign Language.
FEDELE and its schools
For the last 20 years, FEDELE’s main objective has been to promote the quality and professional status of the companies in the Spanish Teaching sector in Spain with a common goal: to offer a quality linguistic and cultural immersion experience to students from all over the world.
Use the following filter to find the courses that best suits your needs.
FEDELE as an institution
Greetings from the president
Spanish is the second language of international communication and constitutes an immense wealth and a first-rate economic resource for Spain. Studying Spanish, whether for academic, professional, or personal reasons, has become the goal of thousands and thousands of people around the world. In many countries, Spanish has been the second foreign language in formal education for years and in many companies and institutions, knowledge of Spanish is highly valued. The internationalization of our companies and the vitality of our cultural and sports events have contributed to creating a positive and stimulating image of Spain.
Linguistic competence must always go hand in hand with the development of socio-cultural and intercultural competence. For this reason, knowledge of our country, of our culture, of our way of life and our social relations, of our artistic manifestations is also a first-rate objective for thousands of people who study our language and who want to experience Spain and Spanish.
The FEDELE schools, distributed throughout the national geography, have represented for many years the effort and enthusiasm of businessmen, teachers, administrative, marketing and financial teams to promote the study of Spanish, to publicize our good academic practice, for creating programs and design curricula, for teaching with the most modern approaches, for accompanying Spanish students in discovering our culture and landscapes. In short, the 102 FEDELE schools represent and embody the passion for Spanish and education in Spanish.
The Instituto Cervantes, with its Accreditation System, has contributed decisively, since 2000, to the improvement of our academic activity and the creation and implementation of quality standards that make our schools an example of quality and good work. We work closely with the Instituto Cervantes in organizing and conducting official DELE, CCSE, and SIELE exams.
Likewise, we have the support and recognition of Turespaña and the help, in our promotional work, of numerous institutions and organizations in the different regions.
Our hope, our commitment, and our objective are to continue developing this work to promote Spanish in collaboration with the institutions, to generate a growing flow of students who come to Spain, to our schools, to continue learning. They will be multipliers and will act as ambassadors for Spain in their respective countries.
We want the media and institutions to give Spanish its deserved place, as a generator of wealth, prestige, culture, as a first-rate economic resource and as a means of communication and understanding between people and countries. As a language of dialogue and as a bridge to Latin America.
I am very proud to be the President of FEDELE and I hope to contribute to the development of FEDELE in all areas with the support of the institutions and the work of all the schools that make up the Federation.
A very warm greeting.
Begoña Llovet Barquero
FEDELE’s Managing Board is formed by the president, the vice president, secretary, treasurer, accounts auditor and members.
The Managing Board has an executive character, but also includes all the presidents from the different Associations to ensure an adequate participation and representation of all federated schools. The members of the Managing Board are:
- President: Ms. Begoña Llovet, from Tándem Madrid (Asociación FEDELE Comunidad de Madrid)
- Vice President: Ms. Mari Carmen Timor, from TLCdénia (Asociación FEDELE Comunidad Valenciana)
- Secretary: Miguel Ochoa, from Debla (Asociación Español en Andalucía)
- Treasurer and Statutory Auditor: Mr. Pablo Sampere from Estudio Sampere (Asociación FEDELE Comunidad de Madrid)
- Vocal Trainign: Ms. Emilia Molero from Escuela Mediterráneo (Asociación FEDELE Barcelona)
- Member of the FEDELE Community of Madrid: Currently Mr. Ángel Piñuela from Eureka.
- Member of the FEDELE Castilla y León: Currently Mr. Miguel Ángel Benito from Colegio Delibes.
- Member of FEDELE Barcelona: Currently Ms. Arantxa Martínez from Lianguaschools Barcelona.
- Member of Spanish in Andalucía: Currently Mr. Francisco Herrera from Clic IH Cádiz.
- Member of FEDELE Comunidad Valenciana: Currently Ms. Victoria Sanahuja from Hispania- Escuela de Español.
- Member of FEDELE Interprovincial: Currently Mr. Carlos Lacunza from Lacunza International House San Sebastián.
- Manager: Mr. David Trigo Muñoz
- Secretary: Ms. María Dolores Córdoba
- Administrative and accounting manager: Ms. María Soledad de Ambrosio Pazo
- Marketing manager: Mr. Daniel Escalona Sanz
- Administration and attention to the associate: Ms. Marina Martínez