The publishers Edinumen are once again organising the ProfELE conference at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen with the aim of assisting the training of Spanish teachers in Germany. This will be the fifth such conference.
Different specialists in the teaching of Spanish will be taking part in the conference which provides an ideal space for sharing with other teachers experiences and teaching proposals for the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language classroom.
The programme for the event is as follows:
Saturday 5th November. Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- 9.30-10.00h. Reception.
- 10.00-10.15h. Opening of the conference.
- 10.15-11.30h. María Carmen Herrero (Manchester Metropolitan University). “Film and The development of intercultural communicative competence in the Spanish language classroom as L2/FL.”
- 11.30-12.00h. Break.
- 12.00-13.15h. Alicia Mellado (Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha). “Let’s speak clearly”
- 13.15-14.15h. Lunch break.
- 14.15-15.15h. Álvaro Sesmilo (Edinumen publishers). “Help me to look: symbols, metaphors and creativity in the learning of an L2”
- 15.15-15.35h. Break.
- 15.35-18.10h. Practical experiences.
- 18.10-18.40h. “Beyond the classroom walls” (Edinumen publishers).
- 18.45h. Raffles and closure.
Each workshop will be a maximum of forty minutes and there are various time slots. The University of La Rioja are collaborating by raffling one of their online postgraduate courses for the teaching of Spanish amongst people taking part in the conference.
As on previous occasions the conference is officially recognised by the Niedersächsisches Landesinstitut für schulische Qualitätsentwicklung (NLQ). In order to obtain a certificate, people attending the conference will have to enrol at VeDaB.
For more information about enrolment please see the conference website.
Image copyright: iturde.