La Dante en Cambridge
About the centre
La Dante in Cambridge is a European Cultural Centre that promotes Italian, Spanish and English language and culture for all. La Dante is recognised by the Dante Alighieri Society (www.ladante.it) an International Cultural Association with 500 offices worldwide. Dr. Giulia Portuese-Williams, CEO and founder, created it in 2010.
They have an intensive programme for teaching Spanish courses since 2018 in Cambridge and now offer online Spanish classes for adults, while children have their face-to-face lessons at Wesley Church in the heart of Cambridge.
La Dante has the following recognitions:
- Quality Spanish partner school recognised by FEDELE.org in 2021 for our high quality Spanish teaching with DELE qualified native teachers.
- Teacher training centre offering training to complete the DITALS and CEDILS (Italian teacher training qualifications for teaching Italian).
- Marketing training centre for the Erasmus internship programme in Europe with partnerships with universities in Italy and Spain.
- CLIL: Teacher preparation centre (teacher training courses) with links to schools in Italy and Spain (Content and Language Integration Learning).
- IGCSE (International Diploma GCSE) preparation centre with links to schools in Italy and Spain.
- Online school platform for teaching Italian, Spanish and English.
In addition, it is recognised by three examining bodies and is in the process of having one recognised:
- Italian examining board: PLIDA (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri).
- English: Cambridge Exam Preparation Centre, Trinity Examination Centre
- Cambridge Preparation Centre
- DELE Cervantes Examination Centre (in progress)
Teacher training centre
Internship training programme for European teachers and marketing graduates