The first training event organised by Revista Puente will take place at the University of Qingdao in China on the 13th and 14th October.
Revista Puente is a Spanish inter–university digital publication. In the words of the editors, “(Revista Puente) is made by and for students in a completely voluntary way. It was founded in 2017 by four students and the Spanish reader of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Foreign Studies in Peking. As the magazine has grown, more students have joined the project and in 2017 Spanish teachers from other Chinese universities also showed great interest in the project.”
The conference is basically conceived as a training event and a meeting place for teachers of Spanish in China, both native and non-native speakers, and also university students of Hispanic programmes who are hoping, in the future, to become teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language.
The aims of the conference are:
- To understand and analyse the socio-cultural characteristics and behaviour of Chinese culture.
- To understand the situation of teachers who are working in ELE in China.
- To listen to the opinions of Chinese students of Spanish who attend various different academic institutions.
- To provide a meeting place for the different people involved in Spanish as a Foreign Language teaching in China, both native and Chinese speakers.
People interested in taking part in the conference can do so in the following ways:
- Presenting a 30 minute paper on one of the suggested subjects or on a subject related to the conference.
- Presenting a 45 minute practical workshop on one of the suggested subjects or on a subject related to the conference.
- As an attendee. Everyone attending the conference, both attendees and speakers, will receive a certificate.
More information on the conference is available in this document [PDF].
Image copyright: Wikimedia.