The International Spanish Forum Nebrija-SGEL will take place on the 29th and 30th September in Madrid. As usual, the conference will be held at the Madrid-Princesa campus of the University of Nebrija.
The aims of the conference are:
- To obtain an overall picture of the guidelines directing the work of teachers of foreign languages.
- To consider concepts and beliefs concerning teaching and learning.
- To approach new ideas of methodology for the teaching and learning of Spanish as a Foreign Language.
- To get to know the contributions that research in related fields can offer teachers of foreign languages.
The programme for the event is as follows:
Friday 29th September
- 9:30h -11:00h: Lecture: The cognitive bases of social interaction. Victoria Escandell (UNED).
- 11:30h – 12:00h: Publisher’s presentation. Carlos Barroso (SGEL).
- 12:00h – 13:30h: Workshop: The didactics of aural comprehension in Spanish as a Foreign Language. Susana Martín Leralta (Universidad Nebrija).
- 15:30h – 17:00h: Lecture: Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language/Spanish L2: The state of play. Manel Lacorte (University of Maryland).
- 17:15h – 18:45h: Workshop. Round table: Methodological revision in the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language. Moderated by Dr. Belén Moreno de los Ríos. Participants: Elena Verdía (Instituto Cervantes), Sonsoles Fernández (EOI de Madrid) y Miquel Llobera (University of Barcelona).
Saturday 30th September
- 9:30h-11:00h: Taller: What to do with the C1 students? How to get the most out of the vocabulary that students of this level should master. Berta Sarralde, Eva Casarejos y Mónica López.
- 11:30h -12:45h: Lecture: Practical suggestions for improving learning and memory. Ignacio Morgado (University of Barcelona).
- 12:45h -13:45h: Workshop: How to create an online course without dying in the process. A digital product focus: Justo Hidalgo (University of Nebrija).
For more information, please visit the webpage.