Considered to be one of the most important Spanish teacher training events, The Encuentro Práctico, organised by International House and the publishers Difusión, will this year celebrate their twenty-fifth event in Barcelona. Wonderful talks, workshops and practical experiences have been planned, all centred on the Spanish language class.
25th Conference Programme
Friday 16th December
- 09.30-10.15h: Submission of documents
- 10.15-10.30h: Opening ceremony of the 25th Encuentro Práctico
- 10.30-11.30h: Lourdes Miquel: Grammar activities: thinking and deciding
- 11.30-12.00h: Coffee break 12.00-13.00h: Jon Andoni Duñabeitia: What are we like, how do we think and how do we feel when we speak a foreign language?
- 13.15-14.15h: Marta Baralo
- 14.15-15.45h: Lunch
- 15.45-16.45h: Juana Muñoz Liceras: Basic research on language acquisition: challenges and sources of inspiration for applied linguistics
- 17.15h: Surprise activity
Saturday 17th December
- 09.30-13.00h Simultaneous workshops: everyone can take part in three workshops
- 13.15-14.00h: Doctor ELE, I’ve got a question
- 14.00-15.30h: Lunch
- 15.30-17.00h: Simultaneous workshops
- 17.15-18.00h: Practical experiences
- 18.15h: Raffle and a Christmas toast
As they say on their webpage: Many things have happened since 1991 when a small group of teachers decided to get together at International House Barcelona to exchange experiences in a newly developing professional environment: Spanish has made great advances everywhere, we have all learned a lot, Spanish as a Foreign Language has become a dynamic speciality with amazing professionals and research has been consolidated.