The First Latin American Conference for the teaching of Spanish and Chinese has been announced and will take place on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of September in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The conference is aimed at researchers, academics, representatives of international institutions and organizations, language teachers, teachers of all levels, undergraduate students and post-graduates and the general public. It is a wonderful opportunity to get to know at first-hand the situation of a key sub-sector – the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language to Chinese speakers.
The aim of the conference is to analyse the situation regarding the teaching and learning of Chinese and of Spanish to Chinese speakers. It is the first step towards the creation of a space for dialogue which will allow information to be combined, experiences shared and an analysis of personal and general problems. From here, areas for future research, action and collaboration can be developed
The main topics to be dealt with at the conference are as follows:
- The development and implementation of Spanish programmes directed at Chinese speakers in different contexts – business, academic, school.
- The development and implementation of Chinese programmes aimed at native Spanish speakers in private language schools, universities and primary and secondary schools.
- The situation and analysis of Chinese immigration in Latin America.
- Linguistic policy for the teaching of Spanish in the context of total immersion and of Chinese as a foreign language at all the different educational levels.
- Teaching and professional qualifications for the specific teaching of Spanish to Chinese speakers and of Chinese to Spanish speakers.
- Teacher training for teaching students of all levels whose first language is Chinese (or one of its varieties) and who are in class with native Spanish speakers.
For more information please see the CLEPEC webpage.