We are pleased to let our readers know that the FORO INTERNACIONAL DEL ESPAÑOL 2.0./FIE will take place in Madrid from the 4th to the 6th October. The event will be held within the framework of LIBER 2017, FERIA INTERNACIONAL DEL LIBRO with the support of IFEMA and the PLATAFORMA DEL ESPAÑOL.
Businesses and institutions involved in economic activity related to the Spanish language will come together to consider current issues, to share innovative projects and to create synergies with the following objectives:
- To spread information on Language Technology which is being developed around the Spanish language.
- To promote the internationalisation of Spanish culture and language, emphasising its richness.
- To encourage the growth of Spanish throughout the world by increasing its teaching and strengthening the position of Spain as a destination for cultural and language tourism.
Amongst the activities planned for the event there will be: presentations, round tables for reflection, workshops, interactive games, and also a business forum where participants will be able to meet with companies and professionals from the sector and create new opportunities for business.
FEDELE will be taking part this year with two activities which will take place on the 4th October:
- 00-13.00 Round table for reflection. “Spain as an Education Destination: A Regional Perspective”.The following people will be taking part: José María Casero, President of Español en Andalucía, Ricardo Ortiz, President of the Asociación de Escuelas de Español de Castilla y León, Eva Batalla, President of FEDELE Comunidad Valenciana and Stephen Jenkins, President of FEDELE Madrid.
- 00 -16.30: Presentation. “Language holidays in Spain. Statistics for 2016”, by Mari Carmen Timor Catalá, President of FEDELE.
Other important institutions and companies taking part in this second year of FIE 2.0 include: the Real Academia Española, the Instituto Cervantes, the University of Alcalá, the Dirección General de Turismo de la Comunidad de Madrid, the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, the Fundación Ortega y Gasset-Gregorio Marañón, the Fundación San Millán de la Cogolla and many other companies involved in the growth, innovation and expansion of the Spanish economy. For more information about participants and speakers please consult the programme of activities which can be found with this link: full programme.