Once again we are able to inform our readers that they can now sign up for 12th Conference for Teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language in the Czech Republic. The conference will take place on the 1st and 2nd December at the Insituto Cervantes in Prague.
The organisers have proposed that the aim of the conference should be to create a meeting place for teachers with the idea of encouraging an exchange of experiences and a professional reflection around the teaching of Spanish. The programme for the event is as follows:
Friday 1st December
- 14:15-14:30: Reception and submission of documents
- 14:30-14:40: Welcome and presentation of the event: Luisa Fernanda Garrido Ramos, Director of the Instituto Cervantes in Prague
- 14:40-15:00: Statements
- Dora Poláková, Head of Spanish Department at the Carolina University in Prague
- Pilar Barrero, Education Attaché at the Spanish Embassy in the Czech Republic
- Pedro Calvo-Sotelo, Spanish Ambassador to the Czech Republic
- 15:00-16:30: Neus Sans, author and teacher trainer. Reasons for giving vocabulary a new role.
- 16:30-17:15: Communications
- 17:15-17:35: Coffee break
- 17:40-18:40: Parallel workshops. 1st slot
- 18:45-19:45: Parallel workshops. 2nd slot
Saturday 2nd December 2017
- 09:00-12:30: Juan Manuel Real Espinosa, Teacher at the Sligo Institute of Technology, Dublín. 1st parte: ¿Se fue por allá o se iba para allá? Contrasting past tenses, choosing between por and para: ideas for surviving two grammatical labyrinths
- 10:30-11:00: Coffee break
- 11:00-12:30: Juan Manuel Real Espinosa, Teacher at Sligo Institute of Technology, Dublín. 2nd part: ¿Se fue por allá o se iba para allá? Contrasting past tenses, choosing between por and para: ideas for surviving two grammatical labyrinths.
- 12:30-13:15: Round table discussion with students
- 13:15-15:00: Lunch sponsored by Las Adelitas
- 15:00-16:30: Laura Zuheros Garrido, teacher at the Departamento de Formación de Profesores del Instituto Cervantes, Alcalá de Henares. Children and ELE: I teach, they learn, we have a good time
- 16:30-16:45: Coffee break
- 16:50-17:50: Parallel workshops. 1st slot
- 17:55-18:55: Parallel workshops. 2nd slot
- 19:00-20:00: Communications
- 20:00-20:30: Raffle, presentation of certificates and a Christmas toast
Participants will receive an attendance certificate from the Instituto Cervantes in Prague and the Education Office at the Spanish Embassy.
More information about the event on the webpage.