In a couple of weeks, from the 11th to the 13th July, a training course organised by the Instituto Cervantes in collaboration with the Complutense University will take place in El Escorial. The course entitled Coping successfully with foreign language teaching: Evaluating options and making decisions is intended for language teachers, language school directors, publishers and other Spanish as a Foreign Language professionals.
The Director of the Instituto Cervantes, Víctor García de la Concha, will open the course on the11th July. He will be followed by the Director of Education of the Instituto Cervantes, Richard Bueno Hudson, who will give a talk on tools for evaluating teaching, learning and their management. Immediately after this, Jesús Fernández González from the University of Salamanca will make a presentation on language courses abroad as a context for learning Spanish as a Foreign Language.
The programme includes various round table discussions:
- Learning a second language in an international context.
- Challenges for publishers in the face of new methods of learning in the 21st century.
- Training directed towards employment in the Spanish as a Foreign Language market.
The course also includes the following presentations:
- Evaluating effective commercial options adapted to our objectives, Victoria Rubini García-Ruiz (Instituto Cervantes)
- How to convert a Spanish language programme into a life experience, María del Carmen Timor (FEDELE).
- The professional development of a teacher of Spanish as a Foreign Language, Elena Verdía Lleó (Instituto Cervantes).
- Professional orientation for language teachers: professional opportunities, entrepreneurial initiatives, business models, Carolina Rojas (ESADE).
The general secretary of the Instituto Cervantes Rafael Rodríguez-Ponga, will close the course on Wednesday 13th July with a ceremony at which diplomas will be given to the people attending.
The full programme can be downloaded with this link.
Image copyright: FEDELE.