The International Spanish Forum Nebrija-SGEL will take place on 28th September at the University of Nebrija Madrid-Princesa campus. As well as the on-site event the forum will be streamed on internet for people who want to follow it on-line.
Researchers and teachers will be presenting current work at the forum on subjects such as the teaching of pronunciation, grammar, dealing with different types of discourse and the learning of Spanish as a Foreign Language by speakers of related languages. This year, participants will be taking an active part in different experiments and at the end of the forum the results will be presented.
The main aim is for the forum to serve as a space for experimentation, reflection, debate and proposals for teaching guidelines arising from both experimental research and research in the Spanish as a Foreign Language classroom
The programme will be as follows:
- 09:00 – 09:15 Opening.
- 09:15 – 10:10 Spanish people speak really fast: Dismantling the confusion between rhythm and tempo. José María Lahoz-Bengoechea.
- 10:15 – 10:35 Science in the classroom. Experiment 1. Anna Doquin.
- 10:35 – 11:00 Coffee break.
- 11:00 – 11:55 How do we conceptualise the world and how do we transmit it in the Spanish as a Foreign Language classroom? Zeina Alhmoud.
- 12:00 – 12:15 SGEL Impressions.
- 12:20 – 13:15 With or without grammar? That is the question. Francisco Deivison Sousa Carvalho.
- 13:20 – 13:35 A virtual learning environment: Blinklearning.
- 13:40 – 15:35 Break for lunch.
- 15:25 – 15:45 Science in the classroom. Experiment 2, Anna Doquin.
- 15:50 – 16:45 Talking their language: Teaching Spanish to young students in times of video games. Rosemeire da Silva.
- 16:50 – 17:05 A cup of coffee with… Paloma Puente.
- 17:25 – 18:20 Can the universe be understood looking through a microscope? Text, discourse and language in Spanish as a Foreign Language. Julián Muñoz.
- 18:25 – 18:50 Presentation of the results of the experiments. Anna Doquin.
- 18:50 – 19:10 Closing of the forum and presentation of certificates.
- 19:15 – 21:00 InnoBAR.
More information about the event is available on the webpage.
The publishers SGEL are offering teachers at FEDELE schools a series of free places. Teachers from member schools wishing to apply for one of these places should do so through their school office who will apply to FEDELE.