As in previous years, the Instituto Cervantes in New Delhi is organising the Practical Conference for Spanish as a Foreign Language Teachers (EPPELE). This year the conference will take place at the Instituto Cervantes on the 1st and 2nd December. The subjects for the conference will be reflective proficiency, professional development and observation.
People are able to participate in various ways:
- As a speaker: leading a plenary session of an hour and a half in which they will share experiences or activities.
- As the leader of a workshop: leading a workshop or practical experience of an hour.
- As an attendee: attending lectures and workshops.
The organising committee is made up of the following people:
- Organisation: Pedro Bádenas Arias
- Programme, web and sponsorship: Pedro Navarro Serrano
- Enrolment: Eva Barrera Sancebrià
The organisers explain on their webpage the thinking behind the subjects chosen for the event: “Firstly, we have tried to give prominence to areas of research and experience which we consider to be innovative for Spanish as a Foreign Language. Secondly, we want to bring to the conference specialists and subjects which haven’t received much attention in India and the surrounding region. And last but not least, we want to meet the needs of the teachers at the Instituto Cervantes in New Delhi who view the EPPELE as a chance to improve projects they are carrying out by using the input from other members of the ELE community, whose contributions act as a complement and incentive for improvement.”
More information on the webpage of the event.
Image copyright: Subrata B. Dutta (GoogleMaps).