The Quebec Association of Teachers of Spanish (APEQ) have announced that the organisation of the 7th Symposium of Spanish as a Foreign Language is now underway, with the collaboration of Montreal University and the Education Attaché of the Spanish Embassy in Canada. The symposium will take place on the 4th and 5th May.
The subjects to be addressed at the event are as follows:
- Methodological approaches for SFL.
- Linguistics applied to the learning of SFL.
- ICT in SFL.
- Teaching materials for the SFL class.
- Language and culture in the SFL class.
- Rules and dialectal variations in the SFL class.
- Educational frameworks and teacher training.
APEQ, forms a part of the International Federation of Associations of Teachers of Spanish, FIAPE, and is already well-known for the events it organises in Canada.
As they declare on their webpage, “The main objective of APEQ is to promote the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language and information about Latin American civilisation at all levels of education, from primary school to university, through professional in-service training.”
People interested in taking part in the training days or in presenting a paper can find more information on the association’s webpage.
Photo copyright: Editerna.