The 18th Practical Conference of Spanish as a Foreign Language will take place at the Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid on the 19th and 20th of May. The event is organised by the publishers Edinumen and International House.
Edinumen and IH have been collaborating on the organisation of the event for more than fifteen years, ever since it began in 2000 as an event described in their own words as “convivial and modest”.
The programme for the conference is as follows:
Friday, 19th May 2017:
• 15.30h – 16.00h – Collection of credentials.
• 16.00h – 16.15h – Welcome.
• 16.15h – 17.15h – Cognitive spring and the dark side of the moon: strengths and limitations of cognitive grammar. Juan Manuel Real Espinosa
• 17.30h – 18.30h – Marking the written expression and interaction test of the DELE exams. Javier López Tapia y Javier Fruns
• 18.30h – 19.00h – Break
• 19.00h – 20.00h – Seminar: “Advantages and disadvantages of using the mother tongue in the classroom.”
Saturday, 20th May 2017 (morning):
• 10.00h – 11.00h – Integrated learning of language and content: constructing knowledge. Ana Blanco Canales
• 11.00h – 11.30h – Break
• 11.30h – 12.30h – Mobile telephones, powerful tools in the classroom. Ceri Jones
• 12.40h – 13.15h – Presentation of recent developments. Editorial Edinumen
• 13.20h – 13.50h – Presentation of recent developments at International House Madrid
Saturday, 20th May 2017 (afternoon/evening):
• 16.00h – 19.50h – Simultaneous workshops: Direct to the classroom.
• 20.00h – A farewell glass of wine and the draw.
Programme details can be found on the webpage: Encuentro Práctico ELE.
Information on how to enrol is available with this link.