Registration is now open for one of the most important events in the Spanish as a Foreign Language academic calendar here in Spain – the Forum for ELE teachers, which will take place at the Facultat de Filologia, Traducció i Comunicació (Universitat de València) on the 1st and 2nd March 2019.
This event is organised as “a meeting place for people involved in the teaching and research of Spanish as a Foreign Language. It will provide a space for discussion and a showcase for innovative and effective ideas which will improve and enliven classroom activity”. The central theme this year is oral Spanish, in honour of the 25th Anniversary of the research group Val.Es.Co.
The Forum has two main aims:
- Teacher training with well-known and highly regarded specialists
- and an exchange of practical experiences proposed by participants.
The programme for ForoELE 2019 is as follow:
Friday 1st March
9.00 – 9.30 Registration and handing out of materials
9.30 – 9.45 Opening
9.45 – 11.15 Simultaneous workshops A and B
- Edi Carrascal (Teacher trainer and actor): “The classroom as a stage, theatrical resources in the teaching and learning of Spanish as a Foreign Language.”
- Javier Fruns (Instituto Cervantes, Dept. of Certification): “Creation of rating scales for tests of oral expression and interaction”.
11.30-13.00 Simultaneous workshops A and B
13.00-14.00 Inaugural lecture
15.30 – 17.00 Simultaneous workshops C and D
- Ainoa Polo (Spanish as a Foreign Language teacher at the UN/ Collaborator UIMP/Fresh Linguas): “CreActivo teacher’s kit: big little ideas for getting your students to talk.”
- Mar Galindo (Universitat d’Alacant): “Oral skills from the perspective of gender: men and women in and out of the classroom.”
17.00 – 17.30 Presentation by the publishers Difusión
17.30 – 17.50 Coffee break
17.50 – 19.20 Simultaneous workshops C and D
20.30 Forum dinner
Saturday 2nd March
9.00 – 11.00 Practical experiences / Theoretical or research studies
11.00 – 11.15 Break
11.15 – 12.30 Simultaneous workshops E and F
- María Méndez (Universitat d’Alacant): “The panic room (or how to create a hostile environment in the classroom for learning and oral production).”
- Josefina Simkievich (Ed. Difusión): “Oral texts in the ELE classroom. Let’s be critics.”
12.30 – 12.45 Break
12.45 – 14.00 Simultaneous workshops E and F
16.00 – 18.00 Practical experiences / Theoretical or research studies
18.00 – 18.30 Coffee break
18.30 – 19.30 Closing lecture
19.30 Raffle of prizes, closing ceremony
More information on the webpage.